Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Here we go...Maybe!

Now, my first inkling was my morning bow to Redmond in the East to see if 7.8 was finally available. Lo and behold, various sites were posting that devices ranging from the Lumias we were all expecting, to the HTC Radar, which we were not, were receiving the 7.8 update.

Later today, I had to check my gmail account for info for my trip to Princeton this week, and there in my email was an exciting new newsletter about the Fujitsu/Toshiba phone: "Here is how you update to WP7.8" Wow! The gods may have been listening. If you click the Windows Phone Japan link, you notice no real change, but there. In the center. The first post since September! Follow that link, and you arrive at information on how to update the AU Fujitsu IS12T. Great looking screen!

Even more interesting to me, is the link you can follow from the original email. Wait! It is gone now? it was a link to more information about Windows Phone 8. I did not imagine it, as it featured, with Japanese on the page, the HTC 8X and 8S. No word they were coming to Japan, but info on how to use the devices in Japan. Strange. Stay tuned...more to come?????

So, tonight....busily cutting my WiFi and trying to force the update. I am encouraged as on another site, a Titan user noted his unlocked Titan had received the update.

Thank you Zeus.

No comments: