Saturday, May 25, 2013

Myth busting 5-2013: All new phones have to be thinner and lighter

My new cyan Lumia 920 came in yesterday and I could not be happier with what I found.
  • When the package arrived, I realized it was not in a retail box. Very small, thin package from Fed Ex.
  • Everything was there as listed on ebay - but no SIM drawer key. Derrr I never considered asking. But a paperclip did the job nicely, if not with a little nervous moment.
  • The device seemed smaller to me than I imagined. Of course, I was coming from a 4.7" HTC Titan, but everything you read is O.M.G. this phone is huge - NOT
  • The matte polycarbonate body is gorgeous
  • While it is a heavy phone, as many have noted that translates into SOLID. The Titan is a solid phone, but next to this is looks downright frumpy and delicate, yet the Lumia is sexy.
  • The screen is buttery smooth. The OS is fast, I can slide the screen with my fingernail or with a glove. Sweet.
  • It actually is easer to do a one-handed use, but I really have never done that - only when my other hand is full.
  • PayPal is available to me for payment now in the WP Store. Happy.
  • Camera. Too much to say here. I'll post some things soon. I am finding I am snapping pics and videos of mundane things just to check it out. Can't wait to really put the camera through its paces and certainly waiting for the Amber update to bring even more delicious options to this camera.
So there it is. I am a happy camper. Now sporting Windows Phone 8 and all that is nice and a drag with that. Better processor, more memory, better display (like night and day, and I had no qualms about the display on the Titan). If you want my honest opinion of the weight and size, click on the tab above to see some shots and commentary on my new Lumia.

And the cyan model rocks!

No comments: